If you are planning your wedding and haven’t attended a Wedding Fair yet, then we have put together a quick guide to help you get the best from the day.
Preparation is key – have a list of what you want to achieve from the day and keep it handy! Do you need to find a florist? Choose your cake? Pick your photographer? See if you can find out who will be exhibiting at the Fair and make a note of your ‘must see’ wedding vendors – most Wedding Fairs will have a dedicated website or Facebook page for you to keep a check on.
I know this may sound silly, but it is worth having some labels pre-written with your name, address, email and wedding date on to save writing it out a dozen times for prize draws! A lot of vendors on the day will have giveaways or mailing lists and who wants to write those details out over and over?
Other items you may want to bring with you to a Wedding Fayre are the following:
- a tote bag to put all the brochures and freebies in
- a bottle of water to keep you hydrated
- a phone or camera with full battery charge to take lots of photos
- comfy shoes… so important unless you want blisters by the end of the day
- a swatch of fabric if you already have your colours picked out
- a cheque book – some people offer discounts if you pay a deposit on the day
- your diary to make a note of future meetings or payment deadlines
Someone who is excited about planning your wedding as you are – your parents, your Bridesmaids, another friend who is getting married or your partner. Basically, you need someone who will be happy walking around and listening to the same details about your wedding. All. Day.
The most important tip! Planning your wedding needn’t be stressful, so have fun, have a laugh and enjoy yourself!