This week we have taken some top tips from Isle of Man Makeup Artist Charlotte Easton on what to expect from your Bridal Makeup Trial. I would highly recommend having a trial run for your wedding makeup – especially if like me, you don’t wear much on a day to day basis. I didn’t really know what I wanted for my wedding makeup and Charlotte gave me a couple of suggestions to choose from. I ended up going for a gorgeous dark red lipstick that I would never of chosen on my own. Visit Charlotte’s blog for more beauty and make up tips as well as lots of inspiration for wedding, party and day to day makeup.
Although there have been a couple of instances where a preview has not been possible for my client, I always recommend one.
Your wedding morning is not the time to find out you are allergic to a certain ingredient in makeup and/or don’t like the feeling of false lashes etc!
The preview consultation includes:
- Up to two and a half hours of my talent and time;
- The cost and use of quality, high end products;
- Skin care and other personal grooming advice (for example lash extensions, brow shaping etc) for the lead up to the wedding;
- Thorough consultation of all elements of your wedding day; timings, bridesmaids preferences, dress, hair, theme and colour scheme to ensure your makeup blends seemlessly;
- Digital SLR images dropboxed for you to download 24 hours after the preview;
- Noting down of all quality products used. You are welcome to keep the product list/face chart after the wedding in case you’d like to treat yourself to any of the products used;
- Advice on coordinating other suppliers for the morning, i.e hairstyling;
- Aftercare advice for keeping the makeup flawless throughout the day; and
- Most importantly leaving you with a stunning, long-lasting and bespoke makeover to enjoy and be confident in how your makeup will look on your wedding day!